Monday, November 3, 2014

jbs mercantile november reveal: simply messy

 the november jbs mercantile kits have arrived on our shelves just in time for fall!  yes, the leaves are finally turning here in the south and i have photographic evidence of that fact.  i couldn't wait to scrapbook these two shots i nabbed with my iphone.  just a few bits from my november kits along with some artsy fun from my stash, and this layout came together easy peasy.

here is a quick peek at my artsy dabblings before i stitched the golden leaves on.  this literally took me a couple minutes.  i simply painted some messy areas of bright fall colors with my watercolor palette and then added some splats with tim holtz tumbled glass distress stain.

i love this look!  it's subtle, but adds great depth to the design.

the little girl was also quick and easy.  i stamped her with stayzon, painted her with the same set of watercolors, then trimmed her out.  she didn't quite have enough presence on the page on her own, so another quick dig through my kit bits produced this photo frame that made her shine perfectly.

i have barely gotten started with these kits.  they are so very beautifully fall.  it's a good thing it's too cold for me to go outside now.  i'll have lots of time to sit in front of my space heater and scrap in these next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment