Tuesday, November 25, 2014

get it scrapped!: nature photography and scrapbooking


i'll be chatting with debbie hodge tonight at 7pm cst/8pm est.  you're all invited!  the topic is one that is near and dear to my heart, nature photography and scrapbooking.  read more about it HERE

product: this is another created with my diy shop knock off kit.  this time, instead of using my glitter box of tags and such, i added in some bits from my october oh dear me embellishment kit.

design: can you believe i knocked out a SIX photo layout with a HUGE journaling block?!  awesome!  i think this worked well because i stuck to with softer tone on tone patterns with slivers of brights around the edges.

technique:  these photos were taken with my iphone 5s.  i used the pictapgo app to brighten them and then used the diptic app to create the grid of 2x2 photos and also to edit the focal photo into a 3x4.

photos:  taken this october just as fall was hitting.  the trees look golden, but it was just a trick of early evening sunlight.  they were actually still 95% green.

journaling:  this one is atypical for me as it's an "event" layout.  yes, it's actually about fishing and what he caught!  (as opposed to my typical "moment" layout where i use photos to journal about a thought, emotion, story from the past, etc.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment