Tuesday, November 13, 2012

jbs mercantile: red/black extension v

the november jbs mercantile papercrafting kit features the latest jbs release, red/black extension v.  the design team was just chatting this week about how awesomely easy this line is to work with.  personally, the red leaf print and boy meets girl print are my both my favorites.  i had to get extra sheets since they're the a and b sides of the same sheet of paper!  doh!  oh this page i used a piece of the mini papers sheet which made a nice patchwork effect behind my photo.  it reminds me of all the quilts my grandma made for us growing up and that g still uses today.

 
i am in love with the trail of vintage ephemera down the right side of the page.  i thought all the numbers played into the theme of you'll always be my baby.  i pulled the thread swirls from one of the vintage bobbins.  i like how they give the trail a feeling of connectedness.

this page is also part of an article on "journaling in the form of a letter" at get it scrapped! this month.  you can read more of my thoughts on the sentiments behind the page as well as a complete supply list there.

No comments:

Post a Comment